| News |
Monday, 25 June 2012
The Garden Path Stone Center is now offering architectural salvage for your crafting and decorating needs! Beautiful antique doors, windows, molding, and much, much more! Drop by and see our current selection M-F 8:00-5:00, Sat 8:00-11:30. We are constantly getting new shipments in so don't miss your chance to take advantage of the great deals on our unique products!
Friday, 18 May 2012
The Garden Path has been getting some new materials in, make sure to come check them out!
Our new compost is composed of 60% composted mulch mixed with 40% mushroom compost (manure). Since it's so rich in nutrients, it's great for flowerbeds and vegetable gardens.
Also in is a new soil mix, which is equal parts compost and topsoil.
If you're looking for stone, check out our new crushed stone! Our red rock now comes in a crushed pea gravel size, making it great for walkways and in between flagstone.
Tuesday, 08 November 2011
- Pine straw is an excellent ground cover and inhibits weed growth better than other mulches.
- Pine straw holds the moisture in the soil and around the plants longer than other mulches.
- Pine straw prevents erosion and will not wash away during heavy rainfall.
- Pine straw displays its beautiful red color longer, therefore cutting the cost necessary for refurbishing.
- Pine straw is nature's resource, is organic in composition and does not contain dangerous chemicals. Pine Straw production requires no tree cutting, therefore does not interrupt nature or the environment.
- Pine straw is more cost efficient than other mulches, because of its convenient bale packaging, making it easier to disperse and handle.
- Pine straw has a ph of 3.9 to 4.4. It doesn't alter the ph of the soil, thus allowing new plants to develop and grow deeper and healthier root systems.
Thursday, 27 October 2011
The first step to understanding how to maintain your pond is knowing your pond's life cycle. The Life Cycle can be broken down into two basic stages. During stage 1, organic matter from plants, birds, animals and debris begins to accumulate in your pond. The nutrient load is low, resulting in minimal weed and algae growth. The amount of debris your pond receives and the type of soil your pond was constructed from will determine how long your pond will stay in this stage. Generally, your pond will remain in Stage 1 for three to five years.
Say goodbye to murky water... mucky bottoms... and unsightly debris once and for all!
Let Airmax's 4-Steps help you overcome your pond's self-destructive life cycle. Over time organic matter from plants, animals and debris begin to accumulate in your pond. This causes excessive algae blooms and troublesome pond weeds. Your once pristine pond is now a stagnant water jungle. Thanks to Airmax's 4-Steps, you can reverse this damage and enjoy a cleaner pond year after glorious year!
As your pond begins Stage 2, excessive algae blooms and pond weeds become noticeable. Emergent plants, such as grasses and cattails, begin growing around your pond's edge. As Stage 2 continues the total nutrient load is increased resulting in more frequent and more severe weed and algae growth. When the Airmax® Ecosystem is not present and Mother Nature is allowed to take her course, chemical applications will be necessary during this stage. When chemicals are used correctly, they only provide a temporary fix to weed and algae growth. It is important to understand that chemicals are not designed to prevent growth because they will not eliminate the nutrients that cause weeds and algae.
Friday, 03 June 2011
We are now stocking Red Dyed Mulch in bulk. We should also have Black Dyed Mulch by the end of June! Come by and browse our new shipments of ironwork, pottery, and pond supplies! Check out our heavy iron gazebos to cast shade on your yard in the heat of the summer. Lots of exciting new items at The Garden Path Stone Center!